To a tank enthusiast, determining the ranking of the best battle tanks in the world may be one of the hardest things to do – also something which most people may not agree upon. With the help of statistics and facts, we have gathered the top 10 best Battle Tanks in the world.
10. Oplot-M (Ukraine)The Oplot-M is the most developed version of tanks made in Ukraine. The tank has explosive reactive armour with ammunition system that loads automatically. The tank may not be very competitive when it comes to long-range targets, but it has very competitive anti-tank guided missile launching capabilities. Similar to Russian tanks and not under mass production, the tank’s firepower agility and defense is noteworthy.
9. T-90 (Russia) A better form of the Oplot-M, the T-90 has a monopoly in Russia, although costs are comparatively low. The tank is small in size, but the ammunition is exposed to hits that can be fatal for crew members. Several upgrades have allowed the tank to have powerful engines, better armour and turret.
8. Leclerc (France) This МВТ was so popular that you can see traces of its design in other Western ones, including its add-on modular armour. The tank has high accuracy in terms of hitting the targets and the hydropneumatic suspension allows incredible mobility.
7. TK-X (Japan) This modern Japanese invention is the epitome of agility with less focus on defense. The advanced fire control system is accompanied with a 120mm smoothbore gun. Like the Leclerc, it also has hydropneumatic suspension along with CVT.
6. Merkava Mk. 4 (Israel) This МВТ focuses more on overall protection with better survival rates for the high number of crew members it can carry. The tank has developed features such as high hit ratio for low-lying flying targets. Along with a powerful engine, the tank has a lot of advanced firing system, although the additional protection brings in extra weight.
5. Armata (Russia) One of the latest tanks, this has a reputation of being the most protected tank globally with multiple measures being taken to enhance protection, including inclusion of new active protection systems. This МВТ also has unmanned turret along with other features such as smoothbore gun and automatic loading.
4. Challenger 2 (UK) With a Chobham armour, it can only be rivaled by the Armata. It has a 120mm rifled gun with a range of more than 5km. Incredibly reliable and powerful in combat, the tank lacks behind in engine power and speed.
3. M1A2 SEP (USA) With advanced technology integrated into the armour, this МВТ has made a
reputation with its uranium-layered protection and impressive accuracy. Such high service requires a lot of maintenance as well. An addition to that would be the TUSK extension to the machine.
2. Black Panther (South Korea) Surpassing other countries, this МВТ is the most expensive in the world, with explosive reactive armour of a type not revealed. This tank is a lighter version of M1A2 Abrams, but with features similar to the Leopard 2A6. It has automatic target and firing systems that reduces dependency on humans, along with a powerful engine.
1. Leopard 2A7 (Germany) The best tank in the world happens to be a German МВТ that has protection against lEDs and others. With advanced fire control system, this tank has achieved immense offensive power along with a strong engine with suspension that overcomes its heavy weight.
All of the Main Battle Tanks in the list are favorites, but when it comes to evaluation, there are only some that make it to the top.